Thursday, February 02, 2006

What does it take!?

AAAAAARGH!!!

I can't believe something so simple can turn into something soooo complicated!

I have a savings account which contained my tax money. I had to pay my tax money over the internet using a debit card which my savings account doesn't have. So I used my current account. No problem I think, I'll visit the bank my savings account is with and ask them to transfer the money to my current account.

They can't. Can't make transactions at all on the type of account it is. OK, how can I get my money from there to my current account. They can issue a cheque. Good.

Bad. My current account is an internet only account - no branches. I have to post them the cheque. I don't have any of the required slips or envelopes to do this and would rather not wait for them to post me some, for them to receive the (not insignificant) cheque and wait for it to clear.

OK, no problem. I have another current account with the same bank as my internet account - transfers are immediate and there are branches for that account. Oh dear. The closest one is in Northampton - 40 minutes drive from here.

OK, no problem, I have a further current account - it has a branch in Milton Keynes, no problem. I pay the cheque in there thinking - phew, glad I still had this account!

OK. Today the cheque has cleared. I'm visiting them for a finanial review anyway so I think; I'll just queue for the cashiers after and transfer some money so my current account (which all my direct debits come out of) stays OK.

They have a system problem. I queue for 15 minutes - no joy. A lady comes out from behind the cash desks and asks people what they are queuing for and helps some people out. When she hears what I'm there for says, oh I'm sorry you need to queue, I can't help with that. I queue for over 10 minutes more. I get to the desk (I'm being nice I can see they're busy and stressed - another queuer had been complaining loudly). I state my desire to transfer money and hand over my card (plus the destination account card) only to be told that they can't do that there, I have to go to reception!!!!!!!

Plus, it will cost me 10 pounds to transfer the money because you can't transfer to accounts held at other banks for free from them!

I had 2 transfers to make, to 2 different accounts.

!###xf!@##f@!

Needless to say I didn't go and queue at reception and I did look and sound extremely pissed off!

This has not been the best day I've had. This could, in fact, go down as a pretty poor day really.

Oh well, I did have a very good driving session - 3 hours, varied drives, went up and down the M1 to Luton and back. At least that was good.

But oh, blackblackblack is the mood.

Very dull.

Not shiny.

Not in the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home