Friday, November 18, 2005

Educating Nita

I am being educated. The Colleague I'm person sitting has discovered a range of films that I haven't seen and I'm being put to work to catch up.

Each night it's like the scene from A Clockwork Orange with me staring at a screen with my eyes taped open!

So far I've managed:

Metropolis which was just great (if you don't know it it's a black and white silent film from 1927) which is soooo good for the time it was made, excellent effects and really enjoyable to watch (even as a silent film).

Apocalypse Now which was good. A very good bizarre war film, incredibly long and especially because of the REDUX version we were watching some bits were irrelevant and interminable (I was allowed to skip those, thank God!).

Tonight the colleague will feel very much at home as we're going to see the new Harry Potter film. He can reminisce about their scarf tying lessons, 'how best to wear a cape', 'the keeping of owls' and other such things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home