Wednesday, October 19, 2005

What's it like then?

Well, it's strangely familiar over here.

When I first got here it felt odd because it wasn't different enough from the UK. The sky was cloudy and overcast the temparature was similar. And the environment is familiar even though you know you haven't been here before.

Then the next day it did feel like I was somewhere else but the familiarity was still there. The place reminded me of everywhere else I'd been - certain things would seem German, some things would remind me of Oz and - especially because we're on the coast - it would remind me of Stockholm - but it's not that cold yet!

There's also a very big reminder of Milton Keynes - it's REALLY difficult to get around without driving.

It's comfortable though - in an odd way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home