Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I love driving

Driving's great!

I'm soooooo appreciating having the use of a car! I passed my driving test on 25th Jan and I think I've driven about 180 miles since then (13 days). I've done 135 since Saturday lunchtime and it's Tuesday morning.

I've driven back from London by myself (m25, m1) and it's a 30 mile round trip to work and back so it quickly adds up.

Mind you that's only counting driving Michelle's car - I've also had a 3 hour pass-plus lesson with driving instructor...

Although I love driving this morning I wasn't impressed. Michelle's car is very heavy when you're not moving fast (it's an F reg Golf GTI) and I'd overslept so I was in a hurry, the road I needed to drive onto was closed but I was on the other side of the barrier - so for me it was closed in both directions!

Then after someone had moved the barriers (just another person trying to get through, I said I'd put them back) it must have taken me 10 minutes to get out of the parking spot because I only had a foot to move in at the back and at the front (in a car with very heavy steering!). My arm is killing me now!

Had to take alternative route into work, not a problem, done that route before and it's not so narrow as the other route so was thinking I'd be able to make up some time.

No chance. Horse transport, all the way to the A5. At least I made up some time on the A5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home