Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Some pictures

The new car:
















I keep forgetting there's no 5th gear and trying to go into it! The car doesn't like that....
I've already lost a hub cap - not sure if it came off and I didn't notice or if someone took it...

















Saying bye to fickle Rosie. She slept beside me for over a month, chased my feet twice a day, gently pawed my nose when she wanted breakfast and I was being lazy and she didn't even want to say goodbye.

Oh well.








































New place from the outside. I'll do inside when it's not full of boxes and clutter and actually looks like a house and not a bedsitcumstudenthouse.

And here it is, 15 years of looking at a computer monitor at work (and a lot of the time outside of work)....

Glasses for VDU use!

Umm, on second thoughts - no. There are pics of me wearing them but have you ever tried to take a serious picture of yourself? Honestly - I thought I was doing alright but now I've looked at them I've laughed myself almost sick! There's no way I can publish those!

OK, what else is there?

Oh yes, I know, proof that I wasn't exaggerating - that wasp was massive (for a wasp, I mean it's not like it was 3 feet long or anything). Well, here it is:
















What? You want some perspective? Well, isn't lucky I measured it:

















That's possibly a little dark - it was a full inch long even after it had been squashed. When it was alive and buzzing, with its antennae out and stuff it was over an inch. A most imposing specimen. Which was why I had to kill it.

Well, what else can I dredge up (now that I've obviously reached the bottom of something)....

Ah! It was a gorgeous day the other day... I went a little loopy driving in all directions and parking in mud ruts to get pics of the stunning sky...








































































These were taken on the way from Olney to Milton Keynes Centre (via the back route)

I follwed a rainstorm into MK so the clouds were stunning all the way, I just couldn't stop to take pics cos there was someone behind me and nowhere really practical to stop. Plus, once you're on that route it's such good fun to drive it it's hard to..... go slow....look for stopping place..... blah, blah, blah, yaaaaawn....

Anyway, the sky continued its drama....look:













































































Went exploring in Olney on Sunday, there's a farmer's market on the 1st Sunday of the month - missed it cos I was waiting for my bed to be delivered. It was well windy and by the time I got there most of the stalls had been blown away (just got a rose Geranium - love the smell, almost like turkish delight).

Found a gorgeous deli shop though and could have bought one of each thing in there. Managed to control myself to just cheese, olives, fresh garlic, fresh meringues fresh roast smoked ham and solid cream.... local eggs in the meringue, local pig for the ham... was really, really tasty!

So, Olney has everything you could want, local produce shops, tasty things shops, convenience shops, takeaways, countryside and llamas.

Yes. Llamas. As I was driving home past one of the farms I passed a field full of Llamas.















See!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home