Sunday, October 16, 2005

Displaced!

Waaaaa! I'm actually in Seattle now! I can hardly believe I'm here after the mammoth Friday I had. I finished 3 hours later than I'd planned!

Anyway, I've had THE longest day.

It's been daylight for me for 20 hours. I set off at 3.45pm and arrived at 4.25pm! It may have been half past midnight but it was very bright. The sun only went down an hour ago - it's now 3.15am for those of you in the UK.

Man I can't get over the length of this day! I don't even feel as tired as I should because I've had so much daylight...

I also had my first experience of US officialdom - I forgot to bring along Neil's apartment address which I have to give on the visa waiver form. Oops! I was very apologetic to the wrong people who assured me it would be OK. So when I got to the customs desk I forgot to be sorry and was a bit excited and strange instead. It didn't go down well at all. The man was most unimpressed. I can't say I'm surprised because I didn't know where I was going, I don't have any US money on me or travellers cheques and I've never been here before either. Looks kind of dodgy I suppose. Plus I was overhappy but must have looked knackered so the poor guy was probably justified in his resigned sighing and stern glares.

I've flown thousands of miles to be with the pig and he's gorn out!

He has to go to a dinner he can't get out of or something - I'm getting suspicious as I'm also locked in. Hmmm.... rats are beginning to stink! Perhaps it's just lack of sleep paranoia....

The apartment is alright inside but smaller than I imagined from the webcam views I've had - very soft carpets... especially good on my feet that have stewed in plane socks....lovely!

I would put up some pics but I can't get them off my camera so you'll just have to imagine the glaciers and snowy expanses of Greenland and the rocky, patterns of Hudson Bay's lakes and coast. All this technology here and I can't get some shots from a digital camera... typical.

I shall post pics and things later. I'm going to read for a bit. I'm under orders to stay awake until at least 9 because I have to get up early and stay awake tomorrow.

We're going whale watching....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home