Thursday, August 18, 2005

Simpson book no 3

So I just couldn't wait. Read the second Simpson book and now started on the 3rd. The 2nd was eerie and sickening but not about climbing. About ghosts and invasions and massacres (Tibet and natural disasters).

Had to have a 3-4 day reading break in the middle after reading about the Chinese occupation of Tibet... NOT nice reading.

I can tell the third is going to be really grim. It's dedicated to one of the buddies that have been in the last 2 books. Hmm. Might take me a bit to read this one.

Oh well, got a few more lined up which I may start on whilst I'm resting from the Simpson book.

The books read so far are:

Simpson books
  1. Touching the Void (read last year).
  2. This game of ghosts (referred to earlier on this blog).
  3. Storms of Silence (just finished).
  4. The Beckoning Silence (just started).
Waiting in the wings are:
  1. River out of Eden (Richard Dawkins).
  2. The Language Instinct (Steven Pinker).
So should be sorted for reading for a while.

I almost missed my stop reading Simspon 2 on the bus one morning. But I got nauseous reading Simpson 3 on the way home yesterday cos the driver was a bit frantic!

Got a long list of weekend things to do and an even longer list of things to do at work. Glad it's Friday tomorrow...

1 Comments:

At 11:05 PM GMT+1, Blogger bugexplorer said...

I'm good, keeping busy, Michaela's visiting this weekend and we're going to the theatre... really looking forward to it...

Nita
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home